Rev. Ian Martin, Incumbent 905-725-9841 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ian joined St. Matthew’s as Priest-in-Charge in 2015, and appointed Incumbent 2016. Ian was born and raised in Scarborough Ontario and holds degrees from York University (BA in Religious Studies), and Wycliffe College at the University of Toronto (MDiv). Ian has been an Army Medic, LAN Installer, Network Management Controller and Youth Minister. Ian’s passion is to connect with those who are spiritually curious and in finding ways to be more of the people we were made to be.
- Ian is an avid hockey fan and enjoys woodworking. He also loves living in the Oshawa area with his wife Koulla (Early Childhood Educator in the York Board) and his two children Morgan and Alec.
Barbara Horsburgh, Parish Administrator, email@example.com
- Barbara joined St. Matthews on May 3, 2016 as the Parish Administrator. She graduated from Centennial College with a Legal Assistant Certificate. After 14 years as a Legal Assistant specialising in real estate, she joined IBM where she worked for the next 18 years.
- Barbara lives in Ajax, with her husband Rob, and her two adult children Daniel and Monica.In the summer she loves being at her cottage on Koshlong Lake in Haliburton where she enjoys swimming, sitting at the fire in the evening or just lounging on the dock with a good book and an excellent glass of wine. She is also likes being active in community theatre.
Nancy Davidson, Choir Master and Music Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy joins St. Matthew’s in June 2016. She was originally from North Bay, Ontario and came to Toronto to study music at the University of Toronto. After receiving her Bachelor of Music, she became a Certified Carl Orff instructor and joined the Toronto District School Board as a Recorder/Orff instructor. She then went to teach general music and choir in several Montessori and Private schools in Toronto before leaving to conduct a children’s choir in Bowmanville. Nancy teaches music privately in her home studio Sweet Song Studios, sweetsongstudios.ca. Her book, Recorder Instruction for the Non-Musician Teacher is the grade 3 recorder curriculum in the Toronto School Board and is used by various private schools throughout the country.
- Nancy has a passion for teaching music to anyone who has a willingness to learn from the very young in family lessons, adult lessons and home daycares. She enjoys bringing out the gift of music that everyone has to share with others. Nancy lives in Oshawa with her husband Ted, their daughter Mariel and their cat, Katniss.
Jill Jago, Community Connector, email@example.com
Jill joined St. Matthews in January 2017. She is originally from Thornhill, but has lived with her family for the last 19 years in Whitby. Jill has worked within the Anglican Church for the last 2 1/2 years and brings both her knowledge of social media/marketing and the day to day workings of the church together for this position as Community Connector. She understands that to see growth in any organization, you first must build relationships.
Jill is a mother to 4 children ranging in age from 8 to 16. As a family, they enjoy giving back to the community through service. Jill also runs a Portrait Photography Business call Jill Jago Photography www.jilljagophotography.com or www.facebok.com/jilljagophotography. Photographing engagements/weddings, maternity/newborns, families and events are a passion.